Run of the World’s Top 10 Destination Marathons
Welcome to Vancouver and the BMO Vancouver Marathon, an internationally recognized event – named a Top 10 Destination Marathon by Forbes in 2014 and 2012, and one of the World’s Most Exotic Marathons by CNN.Register Now! RunVan
Ranked Canada’s Top Travel Destination by Travel + Leisure, Vancouver is a gorgeous, sophisticated city boasting of natural beauty, big city experiences and diverse neighbourhoods. We love fresh air, adventure and fun! For runners, it is paradise.
Vancouver has a thriving running culture. Nearly every neighbourhood and suburb boasts run clubs and running trails for runners of all kinds. With water and mountain views, hills, beaches and a stunning city skyline, Vancouver runners get the best of all worlds.
The BMO Vancouver Marathon showcase some of the best of these coveted Vancouver running routes, spanning 3 Parks, 6 Beaches and 12 Neighbourhoods. For visiting spectators, the course also features ‘hot spot’ locations for the best race views.
Vancouver is a world-class travel destination
- Top Travel Destination in Canada – Travel + Leisure (2014) The world’s definitive publication for destination and travel info, Travel + Leisure’s annual World’s Best Awards evaluates cities worldwide based on five characteristics, including sights/landmarks, culture/arts, restaurants/food, people and value. In 2014, Vancouver scored title as best city in Canada and sixth best in North America.
- Best Destination in Canada – Travel Weekly (2014) In Travel Weekly’s annual “Reader’s Best” awards.
- North America’s Greenest City – Global Green Economy Index (2014) Vancouver was named among the top greenest cities in the world – fourth overall, and the only city in North America to land in the top five.
- World’s Healthiest Places to Live – Time Magazine (2014) Time Magazine named Vancouver among the world’s healthiest cities, indicating that “it’s hard to beat Vancouver” when it comes to healthy lifestyles.
- Stanley Park: Top Park in the World – TripAdvisor (2014) In its Travellers’ Choice Awards, Travelers cited Stanley Park as the world’s best for its “mini-forest, beautiful gardens, totem poles and scenic walkways.”
- Top 10 Beach Cities – National Geographic Magazine (2013) Vancouver was named alongside Sydney, Honolulu, Barcelona, Rio, Nice, Cape Town, Miami, Tel Aviv and Santa Monica.
Save Big on Canada’s Most Scenic Running Event
Book your downtown hotel accommodation with Marathon.beVancouver.com and save $50 off your 2015 Marathon or Half Marathon registration! Search 36 downtown Vancouver hotels to find the best option for you, and redeem your savings when you register. A promotional discount will be provided in your hotel booking confirmation email.
You may also choose to book directly with our Marathon Weekend Host Hotel, the Coast Coal Harbour Hotel. The Coast is offering special marathon room rates for runners, available by calling toll-free 1-800-663-1144.
Sport Tour Operators
If you are looking for travel, accommodation and race entry packages, please also consider using one of these Sport Tour Operators.
How to get here
To and from Vancouver
Getting to and from Vancouver is about exploring and embracing a Westcoast adventure. Whether you arrive by ferry, bus, train and plane, you will be overcome with awe by the nature that serves as a backdrop to our breathtaking city. And just wait until you hit the pavement…
Home of the 2010 Olympics and TED Talks, among other international events, Vancouver has direct flights to many locations internationally. We also welcome a large international field, with over 45 countries represented in 2014.
Here are some helpful links:
- Vancouver International Airport
- BC Ferries
- Greyhound intercity bus service
- Amtrak train service
- VIA Rail train service
- TransLink, Greater Vancouver’s transit service, includes convenient bus and Sky Train travel
- Aquabus ferry service can take you from downtown/Waterfront Station to Lonsdale Quay in North Vancouver
- Taxi service is readily available at the airport, train station, ferry terminals, and major hotels.
To learn more about Vancouver, you may also visit Tourism Vancouver, one of Canada’s top Convention and Visitor Bureaus. Its focus is on building exceptional customer relationships through innovation, partnership, research and accountability. The BMO Vancouver Marathon and Vancouver International Marathon Society have similar values and goals, and are proud members of Tourism Vancouver.
Canada’s Top Destination Race
Three Parks. Six Beaches. Twelve Neighbourhoods.
Visiting Vancouver, BC, Canada from the USA?
US Citizens Entering Canada
As of June 1, 2009, visitors from every country traveling to Canada by air, land or sea require a passport or equivalent travel document.
For US Citizens additional information is available at:
Canada Customs – General Information:
Canada Customs – Information for Visitors to Canada:
US Department of State
Department of Homeland Security
Border wait times:
Live USA-Canada Border Traffic Cameras (Lower Mainland British Columbia):