Raising funds for community good
RUN4HOPE is the charity program for the BMO Vancouver Marathon, with goals to raise funds for social impact and community good, plus foster a spirit of community celebration. The 2015 RUN4HOPE program has been improved to provide more value for charities. Runners can now fundraise and/or donate to our National, Official, or Community Charities.
Become a Charity Runner
Please directly contact your charity of choice prior to registering to receive your event’s discount code! RUN4HOPE charity runners register at the Marathon, Half Marathon and 8KM Tier 1 pricing (lowest rate).
Take your running to another level by making a big impact for our community. Run and raise funds for one of our National or Official Charity Partners and enjoy an exciting and meaningful run!
As a RUN4HOPE runner, you commit to raising a minimum amount defined by the charity you choose. After registering, you will be contacted by your charity and will be provided with fundraising tools and support directly from the charity to help make your fundraising a success.
Here are the Charity organizations you can fundraise for:
Official Charities: Ronald McDonald House British Columbia, Kidsafe Project Society, Canadian Cancer Society (BC & Yukon) , Josh Platzer Society for Teen Suicide Prevention & Awareness, Team Finn, Team World Vision, The Michael J. Fox Foundation, Team Diabetes, Canadian Diabetes Association
Becoming a charity runner is easy.
- Contact your chosen National or Official charity directly to receive the Tier 1 pricing discount for the Marathon, Half Marathon or 8KM event
- Register Online to participate in the Marathon, Half Marathon or 8KM
- On the registration form, you will be asked if you wish to become a RUN4HOPE Charity Runner under the section “Become a RUN4HOPE Charity Runner“, click YES
- Select the charity you want to raise money for. As a charity runner, you commit to raise a minimum defined by the charity you choose. You will receive fundraising tools and support directly from the charity to help make your fundraising a success. We will connect you with your charity as soon as you register.
Donate to Great Causes
Our Charity Partners do amazing things for our community and the communities they serve. Support them and give back by making a donation during registration. To make additional donations after registration or to invite family and friends to donate, visit our Make a Donation page. Thank you for helping to make a great impact for our community!
Our National Charities
- Down Syndrome Research Foundation
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Canuck Place Children’s Hospice
- Habitat for Humanity Greater Vancouver
- Team in Training: Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Our Official Charities
- Ronald McDonald House, BC
- Team Finn Foundation
- World Vision – Team World Vision
- Michael J. Fox Foundation – Team Fox
- KidSafe Project Society
- Canadian Cancer Society
- Josh Platzer Society for Teen Suicide Prevention & Awareness
- Canadian Diabetes Association – Team Diabetes
Our Community Charities
- BC Epilepsy Society
- ‘NSTEP to Prevent Childhood Obesity
- Boys and Girls Clubs of South Coast BC
- The Arthritis Society, BC & Yukon
- Heart & Stroke Foundation
- Alzheimer Society of British Columbia
- Quest Food Exchange
- Take a Hike Youth at Risk Foundation
- BC SPCA
- The Kidney Foundation of Canada, BC Branch
- Canadian Blood Services
- British Columbia Schizophrenia Society
- Covenant House Vancouver
- Pets and Friends Society
- Prostate Cancer Foundation B.C
- Royal Canadian Legion Foundation BC/Yukon Command