T-shirts, bibs, medals, corrals, just like the grown ups (but faster).
Here is to the new generation of fitness enthusiasts
Do your children enjoy staying active? Are they wanting to feel the passion and excitement of marathon weekend with all of their friends? Well, tell your kids to lace up their shoes, or tighten their velcro straps!
Physical activity is a very important part of health, well-being and quality of life for children. Kids who establish healthy lifestyle patterns at a young age are more likely to carry them and the subsequent benefits into adulthood.
This year’s event will include a Kids 1-Mile Fun Run course designed just for children on Saturday, May 3, 2014 (one day before the 8 Km, Half Marathon and Marathon). Our West Coast, healthy lifestyle is rubbing off on the youngest of our population with many kids literally following in their parents’ footsteps. The run will be a great way to introduce kids ages 6-12 to the marathon event experience while also encouraging individual development and a healthy lifestyle.
The out and back course will start and end in Devonian Park, at the entrance to Stanley Park, taking kids on a 1-mile loop through the inspiringly scenic park.
The Kids 1-Mile Fun Run event is capped at only 250 children and expected to sellout fast !
On race weekend, children will not only share the thrill of taking part in one of Canada’s largest marathon events but will also have the exciting opportunity to meet some of the 2014 BMO Vancouver Marathon Elite runners and have their bibs signed by these professional athletes. Upon registration, all participating children will receive a cotton BMO Vancouver Marathon Kids 1-Mile Fun Run shirt, cool medal, bibs, and a post-event snack bag. A second bib will be available to each child for one parent to join, if desired.
- Get your Package pick up at our FREE Health, Sports & Lifestyle Expo at Canada Place on Thursday or Friday before the event
- Share your experience with 249 other enthusiastic children
- Start right after the Friendship Run organized and hosted by Running Room
- Children will be placed in corrals (just like the grown-ups)
- A 1 Mile loop in Stanley Park starting from Devonian Park
- An exciting Finish Line in Devonian Park with parents, brothers, sisters, friends and with hundreds of spectators pushing you to the finish line
- The 2014 BMO Vancouver Marathon Elite Runners will be present to sign bibs at the Finish Line
Kids 1-Mile Fun Run Participants Receive
- Cotton Kids 1-Mile Fun Run Shirt Tech Shirt
- All new RAN KIDS Finisher Medal
- Bib for the participant
- Bib for one parent or guardian
- Post-event snack bag
Dates, times and prices subject to change. All races are subject to capacity limits and may close at any time.
* Participants must attend package pick-up at the Health, Sports & Fitness Expo to receive their race packet, bib, and shirt. Finisher medals will be distributed to finishers during the race. None of these items will be mailed to registrants that did not participate.Time to get in!