It takes more than courage to run this marathon.
Once you start, there is no way back.
Marathon runners are a different breed. We’re talking intense, thrill-seeking, zany, meditative, pain-loving, dedicated running enthusiasts of all levels, continually striving toward personal excellence. Is it the overwhelming feeling of satisfaction when you cross the finish line? Is it the journey of psychological endurance or the challenge of unwavering determination? Well, Lace Up! Hold your goals close to your heart, don’t lose sight of the finish and share your crazy contagious passion for challenge with the world. We’ll support you all the way!
A Boston Qualifier ranked a Top 10 Destination Marathon by Forbes for its stunning beauty and scenic route and identified as “most exotic” marathon by CNN, the BMO Vancouver Marathon leads runners on a 42.2 kilometre (26.2 miles) journey through parks, neighbourhoods and bustling city streets. Enjoy the fresh air alongside natural beaches and breathe a sense of wonder at the backdrop of surrounding mountains.
The Marathon event is capped at only 5,000 runners and the registration deadline is April 4, 2014! Register now to secure your place.
To improve your race experience and ensure our suppliers and stakeholders have enough time to meet our event requirements, changes to our registration policy have been introduced for 2014.
Check out the video and map
BMO Vancouver Marathon Participants Receive
- Get your Package pick up at our FREE Health, Sports & Lifestyle Expo at Canada Place
- Saucony® short-Sleeved Tech Shirt in Women’s or Men’s Cut* - (A Size Chart is available on the registration page)
- Personalized bib (Must register by March 1, 2014 for name to appear on bib)**
- Share your experience with 4,999 other marathon participants
- On-course and post-race refreshments
- A start at the centre of the city in one of the most prestigious parks, Queen Elizabeth Park
- 42.2 km (26.2 mile) course along the heritage-designated Cambie Street, west through Kerrisdale and the University of British Columbia campus, back into the city alongside breath-taking Jericho and Kits beaches, finally circling our coveted Stanley Park Seawall to finish at the city’s pulse in the downtown corridor near the 2010 Olympic Cauldron.
- Music and Entertainment on-course
- A big Downtown Finish Line on Pender St with thousands of spectators screaming your name
- All new 2014 RAN 42.2 Finisher Medal**
- A family-friendly Street Festival on Hastings complete with entertainment, music, souvenirs and food
- Tracking sign up for friends and family (Start Line, halfway mark, Finish Line)
- Claim your “In Training” virtual badge when registering
* Dates, times and prices subject to change. All races are subject to capacity limits and may close at any time.
** Participants must attend Package pick up at the Health, Sports & Fitness Expo to receive their race packet, bib, and tech shirt. Finisher medals will be distributed to finishers during the race. None of these items will be mailed to registrants that did not participate.