Our 8 Km event: a breeze through the park
Here is your chance to join in!
This 8 Km (5 miles) is not just any ordinary 8 Km, it is an 8 Km you won’t forget. As part of the energy-filled, exponential BMO Vancouver Marathon weekend, one of the largest marathons in Canada, it gives you the perfect and most wonderful opportunity to witness the world class event, challenge yourself, hang out with friends and family, discover why Vancouver is the running capital, and practice that love of yours…running. The benefits are numerous and satisfaction is guaranteed! Next year you will do the Half! And the year after, the Marathon! But you can start here!
The 8 Km route is a beautiful, scenic course which begins in Vancouver’s very own famous Stanley Park. It will follow the last 8 Km of the Vancouver Half Marathon, winding along the majestic cedar, hemlock, and fir trees, to an environment rich in tranquility, towards the exciting downtown Finish Line. Your 8 Km Run experience does not end after your hard earned run; you are encouraged to enjoy the Street Festival along with your family and friends and watch the exciting arrival of the Half Marathon Elite athletes.
The BMO Vancouver 8Km event is capped at 2,500 participants only (including 500 Teen participants). Register early to secure your place.
The Teen Challenge: join in this great opportunity!
500 teens ages 13-19 get a chance to join in on this special 8 Km run. This Teen Challenge offers teenagers the chance to register at a discounted price.
The opportunity to be a part of an international race, where runners come from around the world to run the Marathon and Half Marathon is exciting. Teens will get to mirror the last part of the Half Marathon and run along the most scenic course and oxygen-boosting Stanley Park, running next to the ocean towards a big finish in the heart of downtown Vancouver.
The entertainment, the spectators, the finish line, the Elite Athletes running close behind, the snacks and the experience of the one of the largest marathons in Canada. The list keeps going..but the spots are very limited so register now and be ready for an unforgettable race day on May, 4 2014.
BMO Vancouver 8 Km Highlights
BMO Vancouver 8 Km Participants Receive
- Get your Package pick up at our FREE Health, Sports & Lifestyle Expo at Canada Place
- Share your experience with 2,499 other 8 Km participants
- A start in Stanley Park, the largest urban park in North America
- 8 km (26.2 mile) course through the coveted Stanley Park to finish at the city’s pulse in the downtown corridor near the 2010 Olympic Cauldron.
- A big Downtown Finish Line on W. Pender St with thousands of spectators screaming your name
- A family-friendly Street Festival on Hastings complete with entertainment, music, souvenirs and food
- Saucony® short-Sleeved Tech Shirt in Women’s or Men’s Cut* - View Size Chart (AVAILABLE SOON)
- All new 2014 RAN 8Km Finisher Medal*
- Personalized bib (Must register by March 1, 2014 for name to appear on bib)*
- Post-race refreshments
- Tracking sign up for friends and family
- Claim your “In Training” virtual badge when registering
Dates, times and prices subject to change. All races are subject to capacity limits and may close at any time.
* Participants must attend Packet Pick-up at the Health, Sports & Fitness Expo to receive their race packet, bib, and tech shirt. Finisher medals will be distributed to finishers during the race. None of these items will be mailed to registrants that did not participate.Are you ready?