Stanley Park Ecology Society Blog
Running along trails that wind their way along towering cedars and firs, crossing rushing
creeks, passing patches of shrubbery that teem with birds, and finally emerging onto the
seawall for stunning ocean and mountain vistas; you simply can’t beat the experience of
running in Stanley Park.
At Stanley Park Ecology Society many of us are runners too. We are excited to be
involved with the 2013 BMO Vancouver Marathon as a Community Charity Partner and
look forward to supporting the runners on the home stretch through Stanley Park to the
finish line at the Vancouver Convention Centre.
2013 is our 25th anniversary year and we have lots of plans for the year, including:
- With the help of community scientists, we will undertake the Park’s second BioBlitz and hope to discover new species of wildlife, insects and plants.
- Hundreds of volunteers will help us restore and enhance important wildlife habitats, including removing invasive species and wrapping lakeside trees with wire wrap to prevent our resident beavers from taking them all down.
- Completing the restoration of the Stanley Park Bog by Beaver Lake.
- We will work with environmental artists and school children to create a new mural for the Nature House on Lost Lagoon.
- We’ll bring hundreds of school children on overnight Urban Camping Nature Immersion adventures to Stanley Park, and another 4,000 students will learn about ecology first-hand by attending one of our Park-based school programs.
To learn more about our work click here
With your help we can make a difference for nature and wildlife in Stanley Park.
Donate to Great Causes
Stanley Park Ecology Society does amazing things for our community and the communities they serve. Support them and give back by making a donation during registration. To make additional donations after registration or to invite family and friends to donate, visit our Donate Now page. Thank you for helping to make a great impact for our community!